Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My five year old dd weeing alot more than usual....

(7 Posts)
unhappy Mon 08-Sep-08 13:58:00

is this normal. I does hurt - was tested for a water infection a couple of weeks ago - nothing - but when she is at hom she seems to go for a wee about every half hour - no other symptoms ie. tiredness etc etc so dont think she is diabetic - any ideas anyone?

unhappy Mon 08-Sep-08 13:58:25

should have said "it does not hurt"

notnowbernard Mon 08-Sep-08 14:00:00

I'd take her back and make sure they send the sample to the lab. DD had urine tested at the surgery that was negative but was sent to the lab and came back positive (she had an UTI)

WigWamBam Mon 08-Sep-08 14:00:36

Did you have a sample sent to the lab, or just the dip test when you had her urine tested? Many infections don't show up on the dip test, only when they are sent off for testing at the lab.

I'd go back to the GP and ask them to send a sample off for testing.

BitOfFun Mon 08-Sep-08 14:01:12

Sounds like a UTI to me as well, my dd2 gets them occasionally. Go back to the docs?

ghosty Mon 08-Sep-08 14:01:59

DD went through this (she is 4) - had tests for urine infection etc but was clear. She was a bit red down below and the doc thought she had thrush or an irritation of the skin around her vagina from wiping the wrong way after doing poos.
We put a cup of white vinegar in her bath every night to sooth it and reverted to mummy wiping again. It cleared up after a couple of weeks but now she won't wipe her own bottom anymore hmm

unhappy Mon 08-Sep-08 14:37:45

she did have a sample sent to the lab but nothing came back to us - might take her to GP anyway - its costing us a fortune in loo roll!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now