Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Untitled

(7 Posts)
silenceischocolate Sun 07-Sep-08 23:08:51

My DD is 27 months old and is quite fair with blue eyes - the vein that runs up her face is very visible. It is bothering my Dh who thinks is is not right and as he puts it says, 'it looks as thought she has a biro line up her face.' It has distressed me that he has been so uncaring and blunt about it and I have told him it is because she is fair and her skin is still very young and it will problably become less visible as she gets older.

If i went to the doctor would they think I was mad!?
The other cheek vein is not as prominent - Does anyone have any experience of this or advice they can offer?

AvenaLife Sun 07-Sep-08 23:10:27

ds had one on his head, it looked like a thin bruise but had faded as he has got older. Childrens skin thickens as they get older so I really wouldn't worry.

likessleep Mon 08-Sep-08 09:48:42

My 10 month old DS has blue veins above his eyelid/under eyebrow.
I asked paedetrician about it when I was seeing him for something else and he said it will fade as he gets older/skin gets thicker.
HTH.

LynetteScavo Mon 08-Sep-08 09:50:56

My fair DS has somehting similar - from his eye to his ear. It never really othered me.

Get your DH to take her to the GP,if he's so worried.

Ledodgy Mon 08-Sep-08 09:56:22

My ds2 has one in between his eyebrows it will fade but atm it's quite endearing and looks like he's just taken a pair of glasses off.grin

chapstickchick Mon 08-Sep-08 09:56:27

this is entirely not appropriate BUT ds2 suffers from M.E type thing as result is very pale and often looks half dead with dark and red eyes and translucent skin -and i have been known to rub some johnsons touch of sun on his face if he looks a bit too palegrin dh was NOT imnpressed but ds did look far better wink

however id say its just cos your dd is fair and young and not to worry but get dh to take her if hes that bothered.

silenceischocolate Mon 08-Sep-08 22:15:25

Tend to agree with al the above - I think it will fade as her skin matures. She also has the bruised look above the bridge of her nose - I have looked at some old pictures of myself when I was little and I had the same at that age....

She isn't that great at sleeping and can look really pale at times through sheer tiredness (tonight for example!) thats when it is noticable and under energy saving light bulbs.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now