Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My ds 4 has just done a poo and it has blood in it [sad] he says his tummy hurts

(8 Posts)
laughalot Sun 07-Sep-08 18:01:22

He has been complaining the past few days about a sore belly on thursday he dident go to school as he was complaining about a sore head and its not like him as he loves school. Well he as just had a bath and said his tummy hurts and he needs a poo when he had finished I wiped his bum and noticed some blood. His poo had blood in you could see it in the toilet. His poo was (tmi sorry)like hard grapes. What should I do ?

traceybath Sun 07-Sep-08 18:05:59

Sounds like he's constipated and its torn his anus a little which is why there is blood when you wiped.

I'd take him to the doctors tomorrow though to get it checked out.

mckenzie Sun 07-Sep-08 18:08:11

is the blood bright red laughalot?

laughalot Sun 07-Sep-08 18:15:46

Fairly red he has just come upstairs and said he needs to o again so I asked him to do it on his sisters potty so I could check it out hmm. He did one little one the size of a 5p coin but it still had mucus type blood in it.

masalachameleon Sun 07-Sep-08 18:18:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Sun 07-Sep-08 18:20:44

This may sound yuk but would he let you check down there to see if he has torn?

Dd1 gets this problem when she is constipated sad, i would take him to the gp in the morning to be checked out.

mckenzie Sun 07-Sep-08 19:02:33

As a general rule, if it is red then it's usually okay, a sign that it's fairly fresh blood and has been caused by straining etc. It's when it's dark blood (browner in colour) that there is usually more cause for concern.
Hope he feels better in the morning.

laughalot Sun 07-Sep-08 19:12:24

Thanks everyone ill keep my eye on him x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now