Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could you just stare into your dc eyes for me?

(21 Posts)
S1ur Sat 06-Sep-08 01:54:14

My ds has beautiful blue eyes.

But his irises has an unusual pattern of circles, its like you can see the fibres??? So you see blue and then tiny circles within the iris outlined with lighter blue?

Have tried google, but bleurgh.

Eye biology is not my strong point.

I thought this was within the range of normal eye appearance but a friend noticed it with surprise today and it got me thinking.

Anyway, could you just look at your children for me and report back about their lovely eyes?

FAQ Sat 06-Sep-08 01:57:45

my DS's are fast asleep - and have dark brown eyes anyhow

Just had a look at my eyes in the mirror - and noticed (for the first time ever - shows how often I look closely at myself in the mirror) that I have blue on the outside, then lighter blue (in a circle) on the inside......

Can't see properly in this light any more detail

S1ur Sat 06-Sep-08 02:10:01

Aw bless you FAQ I was intending this thread for a sensible hour, just thought I'd post it now and then bump it grin

To clarify.

He has many little circles in his iris, like a patterned iris. It is blue, but it is dappled or broken up into a pattern of little circles.

If you look really closely at the blue in your blue eyes (don't know about other colours) you can see lines/fibres radiating out from the centre, like your pupil is the sun. In ds these lines swirl.

I think, aw gawd will have to check when he is actually here. But basically they do something unusual like that. Will bump at awake o'clock.

FAQ Sat 06-Sep-08 02:33:56

I'll have a closer look at my eyes when its

a) lighter so I can see properly

b) I'm more awake and see what I'm looking at grin

FAQ Sat 06-Sep-08 09:43:27

bump for Slur

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 09:45:42

ds's eyes are odd. He has strands in them too, they are also multi coloured. They are brown around the pupil, then they go green with a bit of blue. Very odd!

Flamesparrow Sat 06-Sep-08 09:47:01

DD's sort of loop and swirl - they look a bit like flower petals, but there are many different shades in each petal

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 09:47:12

Oh yeah, they are hazel around the edge. hmm I don't think mother nature could decide what colour they should be. His hair's odd too, brown with the odd strand of thich black and two crowns.

Flamesparrow Sat 06-Sep-08 09:47:55

kind of like this but DD's are deep blues, and pale blues and some whites

TigerFeet Sat 06-Sep-08 09:50:40

dd's eyes are blue with ever such a slight ring around the pupil of another colour - hazel??? You wouldn't see it if you didn't look very closely. It radiates like the sun effect you mention slur

My friends' dd has blue eyes with a little chunk of brown in one of them that covers about an eighth of her iris in one eye.

Your ds's eyes sound beautiful

MarsLady Sat 06-Sep-08 09:52:02

deep chocolate brown

Flamesparrow Sat 06-Sep-08 09:52:28

"Why does the lady on the computer want you to look at my eyes mummy?" grin

pooka Sat 06-Sep-08 10:03:56

God eyes are amazing. DD has a grey-ey blue colour, but in some lights has turquoisey and orangey strands radiating from the middle, with a darker greyish circle round the outside of the iris.
DS has eyes the colour of a cola bottle, with rich dark brown and orangey brown tones. No strands like dd, but his eyes are dark.
I have eyes on indeterminate colour. They were grey when I was little but are now browney/greeney/grey. Have strands.
DH just like ds.

MissVictoriaNSqualor Sat 06-Sep-08 10:06:53

DD's are Dark blue round the outside, greeny blue and then a circle of browny bits around the pupil. It looks kaleidoscopish and look like lots of different layers, like a shell effect.

DS1's are the same but greener.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 06-Sep-08 10:07:57

ds's eyes are navy blue with strands of pale blue radiating from the pupil. he really does have beautiful eyes <swoon>

psychomum5 Sat 06-Sep-08 10:12:40

DD3 has deep chocolate brown eyes. lines go out like the sun but no variation in colour.

DS2 has blue so I just checked him (altho he is not too happy as he wants to play you knowhmm!!!). around his iris he has a flower-type pattern swirling about, and then different colours making up the blue. he has grey, some dark spots, a bit of green.....weird.

he is now sulking<<oops>>

will try the other girls later when they return from dancing, but DS1 is the same as DD3. DD1 might well be as well as she is also chocolate brown.

DD2 is the same colour as DS2, so I may have more joys with seeing her patterns

ForeverOptimistic Sat 06-Sep-08 10:15:16

Ds's eyes are as you describe Slur.

Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 06-Sep-08 10:17:44

ds's look orange in some lights. will catch them when they come in for a proper loook.

psychomum5 Sat 06-Sep-08 10:21:12

now reading back mine I sound awful don;t I, stating the 'weird' eyesblush.

they do have scrummy eyes, and far better eyelashes than meenvy!!!

geekgirl Sat 06-Sep-08 10:21:25

do you mean Brushfield spots?

Lots more google image examples of Brushfield spots here

BBBee Sat 06-Sep-08 10:26:59

DD - dark chocolate eyes, but with a bronze like 'sun' pattern readiating out

DS - grey/ blue that hav e different coloured circles at edge nd where pupil starts and with a number of diffrent flecks of colour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now