Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Probably a stupid question about chickenpox but

(4 Posts)
biscuitytrousers Fri 05-Sep-08 10:26:57

If I have already had it will I be infectious if I leave my infected DD at home with DH and visit a friend? I am not entirely sure how the disease is transmitted and would be mortified if it was on my skin / clothes etc and I took it into someone else's house. can anyone advise? thanks!

Beeper Fri 05-Sep-08 12:43:53

No you will not be infectious, unless you are about to develop shingles. Using lots of calpol to bring down the fevers in c/pox means that the bodys use of the fever to clear the system of the toxins means that often the disease does not finish off properly.

Beeper Fri 05-Sep-08 12:45:26

You should be fine unless they have a small baby. I was actually scanned by a woman at 6 weeks pregnant who went on to get c/pox a week later, so she scanned me at the most infectious time and I was fine because I already had it.

biscuitytrousers Fri 05-Sep-08 14:02:09

fab - thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now