Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

urgent!need a consultant (private) who specialises in ADHD in London.

(5 Posts)
rinol Wed 03-Sep-08 07:30:02

A friend who lives abroad has a child with ADHD and she would like to bring him over for treatment.Can anyone recommend a good consultant(neurologist)...?

SlartyBartFast Wed 03-Sep-08 08:00:59

try great ormond street?

SlartyBartFast Wed 03-Sep-08 08:06:12

or kings college hospital/maudsley hospital have a department of psychiatry which i would have thought was more appropriate - but wait to be corrected

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Wed 03-Sep-08 08:10:09

I'd avoid psychiatrists tbh. They have the advantage that they can prescribe - but they're not generally that great for developmental issues,

You need a developmental paediatrician. They are very very difficult to see privately. You could also try a private clinical psych which might be easier to track down. They can't prescribe though (mind you many paeds will not prescribe straight away either).

What sort of treatment is your friend after? A neurologist isn't really appropriate. An understanding education system etc is probably going to be extremely important.

magso Wed 03-Sep-08 08:39:45

I would suggest contacting Addiss (020 89522800) and ask for a recommendation. Prof Peter Hill used to have a private practice in Wimpole Street but I think it is difficult to get an appointment.HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now