Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fractured Tooth

(5 Posts)
bluejellybean Tue 02-Sep-08 21:01:24

Has anyone ever heard of a baby fracturing a milk tooth? How is it treated, if at all?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 02-Sep-08 21:04:35

fractured tooth or fractured gum line?

my dd1 fell and smashed her face a while ago and all her front teeth were bleeding quite badly around the gumline and the teeth looked pushed forward. dentist said she had a fractured gumline.

he told us if we had took to her to the dentist at the a and e the night she did they would have corrected the fractured but once left there is nothing that you can do. he said her teeth might turn black but they havent yet.

bluejellybean Tue 02-Sep-08 21:12:33

That's just horrible - you poor things! Worth remembering about A&E if we have anything like that!

No its a fractured tooth - looks like a chip I guess.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 02-Sep-08 21:16:32

nope sorry dd1 chipped a tooth when she was very young, but we werent told that it was fracture just a chip and not to worry.

i should add she is not abused. she is v hyper and accident prone. last month it was a split open head, today its her lip <sigh> i am begining to wonder when she will learn.

bluejellybean Tue 02-Sep-08 21:22:36

She sounds FAB! Just wait till she starts school! Did they treat the chip?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now