Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

babies hair thinning please help

(6 Posts)
littlemissm Tue 02-Sep-08 20:49:54

I have a 10wk old girl who was born with a head of hair. She had a bit of cradle cap which i treated with oil & brushed out the nxt day everythings been fine since but i have noticed that her hair on the top of her head {not bk or sides} has thinned out enough where i can see the scalp more than i could b4. I have noticed when i wash it that i have strands of hair in my palms. the hair isnt coming out in clumps its just thinning. is this normal?

LaylaandSethsmum Tue 02-Sep-08 20:52:05

Yes, most babies loose some or all of the hair they are born with , both mine did and it gradually grows back again.

morningpaper Tue 02-Sep-08 20:52:45

Yes this is like chick-fluff Her real hair will grow in soon

BoredyHouse Tue 02-Sep-08 20:53:02

Yes, it's normal. Lots of babies I knew (incl my own) started out with lots of hair, then it dropped out and re-grew.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 02-Sep-08 20:53:35

perfectly normal. my nephew was born with a full head and then he nearly went completely bald. he is fine now a full head of gorgeous blond locks!!

have a word with your hv if it will put your mind at rest but its nothing at all to worry about.

PortBlacksandResident Tue 02-Sep-08 21:04:07

I was born with jet black curly hair. Then it all fell out..........

Then it grew back straight and blonde.

<It is currently dishwater blonde in it's unhighlighted state>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now