Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nettle-sting type rash on 22 month old.

(4 Posts)
pinkspottywellies Mon 01-Sep-08 18:43:18

DD has a rash that looks like nettle stings. It's appeared this afternoon and is on her face, one spot on a finger and some blobs on her body.

She hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary and has had a vest on all day otherwise I would have thought she's maybe touched something in the garden, then touched her face.

Any thoughts?

IHeartIona Tue 02-Sep-08 13:04:57

It sounds like hives (I have chronic hives, six months so far) unless you think she might have touched something in the garden.
Have you changed washing powder or anything like that?
Hives look just like nettle stings. Would suggest going to the doctor to get it checked out.

GordonTheGopher Tue 02-Sep-08 13:20:51

Yep it's hives.

You'll need to get some piriton in liquid form from the doc in case it happens again and just try to work out what it might be!

pinkspottywellies Tue 02-Sep-08 22:09:17

Thanks guys. It's come up again today a couple of times. It then fades quite quickly and doesn't seem to bother her.

What causes hives then? Allergy to something? We haven't changed washing powder and I can't think of anything else different. Will check with the doc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now