Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

OK reassure me please: late night blood on toilet paper...?

(11 Posts)
WilfSell Sun 31-Aug-08 22:42:29

It's probably just straining isn't it? Although he said he wasn't....

Fresh red blood, not loads but a bit more than if he'd just rubbed too hard IYSWIM

[help]

WilfSell Sun 31-Aug-08 22:54:50

Anyone? DS1 and his late night poos. Nothing to worry about? Or GP in the morning?

used2bthin Sun 31-Aug-08 22:57:38

My DD gets this from straining sort of mixed in with her poo. She's still in nappies though. She has it from fissures which are caused by straining but sometimes she still has blood even when she hasnb't struggled too much. Don't know if that helps really sorry!

pippypoppypanda Sun 31-Aug-08 22:58:25

fresh red blood usually indicates a cut or tear, could possibly just have been a hard poo hmm! Keep an eye in morning and if ur not happy get him checked at docs.

My son had this and was a suspected burst blood vessel and was nothing to worry about x

chunkychips Sun 31-Aug-08 23:03:15

probably just a little tear, ds has had this a couple of times (he said he wasn't straining either). If it keeps happening I would check it out, but don't worry, sure it's fine.

HeinzSight Sun 31-Aug-08 23:05:04

sounds like anal fissure. Look here

WilfSell Sun 31-Aug-08 23:08:36

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you, sure that's it... will keep an eye on it.

HeinzSight Sun 31-Aug-08 23:12:54

no worries, DS1 had this a few years ago. x x

HeinzSight Sun 31-Aug-08 23:13:06

HeinzSight Sun 31-Aug-08 23:13:19

HeinzSight Sun 31-Aug-08 23:13:56

oops, sorry, computer playing up tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now