Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any dentists about or experience of this?

(5 Posts)
Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 31-Aug-08 10:07:17

DD (5 almost 6) has had front two wobbly teeth for abut 8 weeks, anywy they were quite wobbly but not super wobbly - yesterday she had a run in with my ds head and knocked them - it bled a bit and when looked it was very wobbly - very, today after super wobling one has come out - the other one isnt as wobbly and i dont expect it to come out for a while yet. Looking at the tooth i think its all there but couldnt be sure as i cant remember how front teeth look when they come out - where the tooth was i can see some white right in the hole but i think its possibly the new one ? Nothing is sticking out iyswim. Should i be concerned - i will take her to the dentist as a predaution but dont want to make a fuss as she is very very and i mean very nervous about the dentist. I am thinking if anything was left the new one would push it out? She looks odd now lol - she said it doesnt hurt or anything.

AMumInScotland Sun 31-Aug-08 16:01:36

You can probably see either the new tooth or the socket. I think the baby tooth would look broken if it had been - they can look a bit uneven anyway though when they're wobbly, since most of the root has gone, but I think there would be a clear sharp break if it had snapped.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 31-Aug-08 16:43:44

thankyou so much. I will try and get in dentist tomorrow or at least to speak to one before i let the tooth go to the tooth fairy.

ComeOVeneer Sun 31-Aug-08 16:46:16

If (and it is pretty unlikely) any of the old one is left it the new one will push it out. More likely is you can see the tip of the adult tooth that will soon erupt (you won't see "socket"). TBH I wouldn't bother with an appt with the dentist, just let the tooth fairy visit tonight.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 31-Aug-08 17:33:58

really? - ok i am thinking i am starting to think it would be a waste of a morning with a nightmare toddler anyway - she isnt in pain so i think i will let the tooth fairy visit tonight! Thanks for your help oh tooth experts! smile Isnt mumsnet great i can get to 'see' a dentist lol! My hubby sid 'oh as if a dentist would answer on mumsnet!!' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now