Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ridges on nails

(5 Posts)
likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:24:09

Yes, this is probably PFB mum worrying, but my 10 month old DS has quite visible vertical 'ridges' on his fingernails and some of his nails are quite flat.
He eats loads of dairy foods, but I am concerned that I cut out dairy for quite a while whilst I was breastfeeding as it was aggravating his reflux.
Presume it is nothing to worry about, but is this normal?
Thanks.

FurryFox Thu 28-Aug-08 20:28:32

I can't help I'm afraid but my DH has this on his nails, mostly his thumbs. He says they've been like it for as long as he can remember, I have always wondered why they are like this. Hope someone knows.

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:31:20

oh no, so now my son might have them like that forever? i thought might just be a temporary thing. i will ask hv when i next go ...

FurryFox Thu 28-Aug-08 20:37:05

Oh no I'm sure it's fine and they won't always be like it. DH is rubbish at remembering things, he probably didn't even notice when they appeared.

Sorry blush

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:39:45

Don't worry, I am not too bothered. If they are meant to be like that, they are meant to be like that. I just hope it isn't some form of calcium deficiency (god forbid a baby having a calcium deficiency!).
I am sure he won't give two hoots anyway as he gets older and he is a boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now