Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd2 is 3.5. Is a vitamin for 4 years and up really going to kill her?

(4 Posts)
Cappuccino Thu 28-Aug-08 10:27:20

the kids are run down and they both eat nothing

they sit and look at a balanced diet and then eat about 2 spoons of it

they have fruit etc but I was thinking of getting them a multivitamin but the ones I find are all 4 years and up

dd1 is 7 so no probs there. But there is no way dd2 will not notice dd1 getting something. And she will WANT IT

if I cut one in half, what harm could it do?

Oliveoil Thu 28-Aug-08 10:28:43

oh I will await the answer

mine look at yummy plates of food too angry

BEAUTlFUL Thu 28-Aug-08 10:38:04

There are vitamins for 3 years and up. Some of the chewy ones. Hold on, let me look at my packet... Yes, Haliborange A, C & D tablets.

I'm sure your DD2 won't die if you gave her one for 4 years, but why worry? Just give them both ones for 3+ for 6 months.

AMumInScotland Thu 28-Aug-08 10:38:15

I think half a tablet won't do her any harm - often the reason they say "4 upwards" or whatever because of the body weight being smaller so they don't want you giving them the same amount, specially of the fat-soluble vitamins because you can overdose on them if you really overdo the dosage. (Water soluble ones like vitamin C just get wee'd out!)

But I think the Bassets ones start from 3, IIRC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now