Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Are there any dentists out there?

(5 Posts)
ali23 Wed 27-Aug-08 21:27:02

Have I been given the wrong advice? DD is almost 16 months and has 12 teeth. HV told me to brush with regular toothpaste and that is what I have been doing since the first teeth ca me through about 8 months ago. I use only a tiny, tiny scrape of it. However, just been told by some friends this is wrong. The teeth seem fine, but I'm concerned. Should I be?

AvenaLife Wed 27-Aug-08 21:37:44

I've looked at some literature for you and it says that a small scraping of toothpaste is fine but I'll check into this further for you. I hope someone with more knowledge will be along in a minute. smile

fifa Wed 27-Aug-08 21:41:24

No, you are doing the right thing, there are anumber of sites to give you help including BDA/Colgate and British dental haelth foundation.The teeth will be fine , just keep to a scrape as your child will swallow a high % of it and the risk is of mottling in the adult set of teeth.Good diet/use of a cup/beaker are also important. talk to your dentist, we recommend visits from when the teeth come through to build up a good relationship.Good luck.

ali23 Wed 27-Aug-08 22:02:56

Thanks!

fifa Fri 05-Sep-08 20:16:53

Apparently a dentist on line here on 8th sept

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now