Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this nasty?

(12 Posts)
KerryMum Tue 26-Aug-08 16:25:04

I was in Tesco. It was crowded and had to wait to navigate aisle. A man pushing a buggy was stuck next to me. I looked down to see a baby (18 months?) holding a package of raw beef steaks and gnawing on the packaging.

I was eeeewwwwww. I mean those packages are always dripping with raw meat juices.

Would you let your kid do this?

TheArmadillo Tue 26-Aug-08 16:27:51

god no.

ds always tried to poke his fingers thru the packet of raw meat and I made sure they didn't get anywhere near him.

That is manky.

AMumInScotland Tue 26-Aug-08 16:31:20

Yuck! (Though beef much safer than pork or chicken ... )

suzywong Tue 26-Aug-08 16:32:55

It's Natural Selection

KerryMum Tue 26-Aug-08 16:35:59

lol @ suzy.

I think I did say eeewwww outloud I couldn't help myself.

Shitehawk Tue 26-Aug-08 16:38:36

Did you tell him that his baby was chewing it? Chances are he didn't know and would have been grateful to be told.

KerryMum Tue 26-Aug-08 16:40:24

I debated but then any time I do say things like, oh your baby's face is covered by that blanket (and his arms are flailing) I usually just get glared at. unfortunately.

gingeme Tue 26-Aug-08 16:43:16

Yes that is nasty. I think I would have said something like 'my your baby likes its steak rare doesn't it? smile

Shitehawk Tue 26-Aug-08 16:43:53

Not quite the same as "Do you know your baby is chewing on a raw steak" though, is it!

I wonder what his reaction was when he looked down and saw it ...

gingeme Tue 26-Aug-08 16:45:40

Well if you had made it sound light hearted you may not have got glared at smile

KerryMum Tue 26-Aug-08 16:45:52

but he had obviously given the child the packaging in the first place. He didn't have room to put anything. baby got steaks and the dd next to him (older) had something else (can't remember but it wasn't raw meat).

Shitehawk Tue 26-Aug-08 16:49:46

Don't be so sure he gave it to him ... my daughter was forever grabbing things from shelves and half-eating them. Never a raw steak, I'll grant you that, but the times I had to go back into M&S and pay for the chocolates she'd snaffed as we were waiting at the checkout ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now