Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ear dmage by noise inon eyear old

(5 Posts)
bumbly Tue 26-Aug-08 10:28:35

could an idiot who sounded a car horn near my one year old's face as he was in front of car..have caused pemanent hearing damage??

been having tough time of late and this is not what I needed - i vomited in worry yesterday after little one was looking at headlights of a car and idiot sounded the horn right a few cm from his ear - so close could feel air move form horn

he obviously screamed like crazy

am so worried as i have tinnnitus and wouldn't want it on anyone

was onyl one toot luckliy but as loud as say a firework and obvisouly so close to his ears

wilkos Tue 26-Aug-08 10:37:16

poor you and poor ds. what an idiot. angry

not an expert but i shouldnt think so, although see why you're worried as my mum has had tinnitus for four years now (status quo concert 2004, not the best night of her life)

maybe keep an eye on him and if worried the doctor?

I am sure someone who knows a bit more will be along soon

bumbly Tue 26-Aug-08 10:42:52

thanks wilkos what lovely words

tell your mum to take magnesium for her tinnitus!

bumbly Tue 26-Aug-08 11:21:52

anyone else experience something similar?

outcome?

any info much much appreciated

pinkblossom Tue 26-Aug-08 11:31:28

Your poor DS. Although not quite the same - my DD has suffered a lot from ear infections in the past and she has suffered terribly. She went to a party where there were crackers (ie the ones you pull at Christmas, not eat!) and we had to take them off people as she was screaming in pain from the noise.

I would keep a close eye on him and like wilkos said , get him to the doctor if you are at all worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now