Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

BF baby not pooed for 10 days and is getting cranky. What to do?

(7 Posts)
moominsmummy Fri 22-Aug-08 18:12:06

Baby is 3 months and fully breastfed. Thriving and healthy otherwise but doesn't poo for 10 days at a time- has been ok before but today has been straining and tiny amounts of liquid poo come out but he really needs to poo alot more.

no point giving him lactulose because his poo is always liquid anyway. what to do??

Chandra Fri 22-Aug-08 18:13:34

Take him to the GP/Walking Centre? 10 days at a time is far too long, does he seems fine otherwise?

gagarin Fri 22-Aug-08 18:20:01

If that's his normal pattern and he's well in every other way then how about a little tummy massage? In small circles from left to right (looking at baby) just under tummy button.

moominsmummy Fri 22-Aug-08 18:21:44

thanks gagarin - forgot to say I have already tried that sad

gagarin Fri 22-Aug-08 18:33:56

well - as he can't exercise how about taking his nappy off and "bicycling" his legs? Gently of course!

Warm bath and more massage?

Lie him on his tummy and massage his back?

Beeper Sat 30-Aug-08 16:14:20

mine has gone 9 days, its always in the heat, mine normaly goes 3-4 days anyway. If the babys not in pain then why bother with the doctor. I eat 3 dried apricots and that usually gets things shiftin.

ilovemydog Sat 30-Aug-08 16:18:20

Had a similar problem - DS hadn't gone for about 7 days, so called NHS Direct. Yup, just as I was on the phone, he 'produced.' Audibly...

Call them if you're worried....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now