Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Callum has a high temp all day, doesn't seem to be coming down

(10 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Wed 20-Aug-08 23:56:15

His temp has been between 38.8-39.4 all day, we are giving him capol and nurofen but its not working. Have been BF him loads to keep his fluids up. Should I call the GP or will they just tell me to carry on as we are

CvQ Thu 21-Aug-08 00:04:44

i would call tbh.hope he is alright!
little ones are a worry arent theysad

pooter Thu 21-Aug-08 00:06:52

ring nhs direct - we did this twice for ds, was fine in the end, but you dont want to take a chance - maybe they will tell you to go to an out of hours clinic, or someitmes they get a dr to call you back. Call - it may help put your mind at ease. Is he suffering with it? Or does he seem normal but hot?

SparklyGothKat Thu 21-Aug-08 00:08:42

bit grumpy but ok, eating normally, but like a hot water bottle lol

pooter Thu 21-Aug-08 00:13:27

so are you going to ring? I always worry so much when DS has a temperature - but all the books say that a temp isnt necessarily a bad thing - its just his body trying to disrupt the bacteria/virus. Doesnt help though does it? sad

CvQ Thu 21-Aug-08 00:41:24

i hope hes alright x

nappyaddict Thu 21-Aug-08 02:41:34

have you got a fan you can put in his room? is he stripped off to just his nappy? give him a tepid bath (including his hair) and leave him to dry off in the air.

CvQ Thu 21-Aug-08 10:18:01

how is he today?

Imnotok Thu 21-Aug-08 10:21:35

Hope everything is ok today SGK .I was looking at your profile and you ahve now made me broody hmm .You have a gorgeous family .

SparklyGothKat Thu 21-Aug-08 11:54:54

temp lower today, but very grumpy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now