Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any experience of Maidstone Hosp?? DD has to have minor op under general.

(7 Posts)
WindUpBird Wed 20-Aug-08 13:32:36

Hi, DD has a 'ganglion' growth in her thumb which will need to be cut out under general anaesthetic. Does anyone have any experience of the Trauma & Orthopaedics wards at Maidstone Hosp? I'm only concerned as it was this hospital that had the awful outbreak of C. Diff and I don't know how to find out if hygiene etc has improved.
Also any advice on how to prepare a 2 year-old for the whole experience? Apparently she should be in and out within the day, I just feel so bad that she has to go under general anaesthetic.

Heated Wed 20-Aug-08 13:35:22

I used them but about 8 yrs ago! Mixed views really but imagine much will have changed since then.

Best wishes to your dd.

ginnny Wed 20-Aug-08 13:47:26

I had ds1 there and dp recently had a knee operation there too. I have always found it to be really clean and well organised, and the staff were all lovely so I was amazed to hear about the C diff outbreak.
I'm sure your dd will be fine, I'd treat it as an adventure and try not to let your worries/anxieties show.
Good luck.

RubyRioja Wed 20-Aug-08 13:48:21

I have only encountered the oncology dept which was very good.

I would imagine hygiene there is now superb after the incident, dreadful as it was.

Best wishes to dd

WindUpBird Wed 20-Aug-08 20:30:19

Thanks very much for your replies. Anyone else have any experience of Maidstone Hosp??

GrinningGorilla Wed 20-Aug-08 20:36:42

My eldest has been in the childrens ward twice with an eye defect. He and dd1 have also had regular checkups at the opthalmic clinic.
I have very recently been in for a heart procedure under a G.A and stayed on the CCU.
I have absolutley no complaints.
The staff were constantly washing their hands and using that alcohol scrub. I didnt get tummy trouble or MRSA.

WindUpBird Thu 21-Aug-08 13:01:47

Thank you GG!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now