Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My son has weird white scummy stuff inside his mouth

(8 Posts)
pippypoppypanda Mon 18-Aug-08 19:15:43

Any ideas????????

objectivity Mon 18-Aug-08 19:16:14

thrush

olympicsnotfederer Mon 18-Aug-08 19:18:15

is he a baby?

sounds like thrush

Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 19:19:07

thrush

pippypoppypanda Mon 18-Aug-08 19:34:01

hmm i was thinking it could be! he's 20 months. Is this quite common? How do they get it? And is a visit to the doc needed to get something for it? Thanks for your quick replies, i got a bit of a fright when i saw it!

morocco Mon 18-Aug-08 19:36:28

also think it sounds like thrush, it's something fungal that's 'in the air' so I believe so they can get it at any time but more likely when a bit run down (so that's why babies get it cos immune system not as strong). are you bf? if you are, make sure you treat your nipples as well. also try to disinfect bottles/dummies well so no re-infection

pagwatch Mon 18-Aug-08 19:38:45

thrush
Grapefruit seed extract from health food store is quite good . Or Doctor can prescribe nystatin.
if you treat then try and take a pro biotic afterwards.
I had this with DD when she was about 6 weeks and i treated her through me IYSWIM

olympicsnotfederer Mon 18-Aug-08 20:17:07

good advice pagwatch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now