Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has something in her tummy button - can't get it out!

(5 Posts)
CrushWithEyeliner Mon 18-Aug-08 12:06:38

Hi, DD is 20m and has what looks like a piece of dead skin in her tummy button - it is kind of attached to the inner bit and v hard to get to. I think it has been there for a while and I have tried to fiddle with it but it won't budge and i don't want to yank it. She is awful in the bath and won't "soak" so I think it is just stuck there. It is not inflamed but I am concerned about it just being there. can anyone help?

Dropdeadfred Mon 18-Aug-08 12:07:58

It sounds fine to me..unless it looks sore or smells horrid I would leave it. If it looks very flakey how about rubing in a little cream while she is asleep?

CrushWithEyeliner Mon 18-Aug-08 12:10:31

that is exactly what i just did ddf = with some neals yard baby oil. Do you think I should leave well alone?

yawningmonster Mon 18-Aug-08 12:15:38

ds had this too, I think it is just a bit of dead skin like you say. I would put drops of olive oil in ds' belly button and eventually when cleaning with a flannel, it came out.

CrushWithEyeliner Mon 18-Aug-08 12:16:39

thank you so much - so you don't think i should worry about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now