Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

asked a few weeks ago is this normal for 6y old !well going to gp

(5 Posts)
trace2 Mon 18-Aug-08 09:22:19

a few mumsnetter said i should go to gp with ds as he is showing some signs of as, but how do i go in and start telling gp about it, and who do i ask to see?

even if its nothing i need to take him for peice of mind.

LIZS Mon 18-Aug-08 09:30:51

Can you write down a list of your concerns beforehand and ask for a referral for an assessment by the community paediatrician in the first instance

trace2 Mon 18-Aug-08 09:40:10

yes thank you i have alist, but my gps are crap tbh, thats why i needed to know who i asked to see !

bigcar Mon 18-Aug-08 10:20:56

I think it would probably be a referal to a developmental peadiatrician/child development team, depending on what they are called in your area.

trace2 Wed 20-Aug-08 12:05:33

been to gp he would not talk ,look at her when she kept askinh he started growling which comes befor the paddy as she was to much for him. anyway she asked what his writing his like i said bad, but he can read v well like us tbh and i told her about how hes obbsessed with numbers and calenders and maps, she sdaid she thinks hes dyslexichmm i dont think so myself but she as sent us to a pead at hospital on 1sept

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now