Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Play

(8 Posts)
mrz Fri 15-Aug-08 20:26:03

Vital statistics – key findings:

1. 75% believe society has lost sight of the importance of play in a child’s learning process.
2. 85% commented that children today grow up too fast.
3. 71% worry that without social play a child’s ability to interact with others is compromised.
4. 40% voiced concerns that children are missing out on childhood.
5. 71% thought their children frequently spent time watching television.
6. 72% agreed that getting dirty as a result of play was good for children.
7. 89% wanted to protect their children’s right to childhood.
8. 76% said their greatest hope would be for children and parents to spend more time together.
9. 78% associated increasing levels of childhood obesity with fewer hours at play.
33 things to do before you are 10

KatyMac Fri 15-Aug-08 20:28:43

Aww what a lovely list (not sure I like Persil sponsoring it)

I agree with yous stats btw

Ledodgy Fri 15-Aug-08 20:30:53

The only thing my kids (not inc. 7 month old) haven't done fromt that list is camp out in the garden and play pooh sticks, oh and they've only brought us each breakfast in bed on Mother's day and father's day with help from the other parent. Not bad a sthey are only 2 and 5. <sits on arse until they are 10>

fedupandisolated Fri 15-Aug-08 20:34:57

DS has done at least two thirds of that list. Do I win a prize? grin

mrz Fri 15-Aug-08 20:40:54

Personally I think they might make a good core curriculum for primary schools grin

Hecate Fri 15-Aug-08 20:43:17

hmmmm.. I only did 20 of those as a kid. I want to do the rest now. Sound fun. grin

chankins Fri 15-Aug-08 20:47:41

Apart from making perfume from petals (me and my sister used to do that all the time !) I think my three can tick off the rest of the list, they are 5, 4 and 15 months. I like that list and would like to print it off and hand it to a few people I know who keep moaning how bored and annoying their kids are this summer !
Did it have blackberry picking in it ?
My 5 yr old is obsessed with it, has to pick them wherever she is !

southeastastra Fri 15-Aug-08 20:48:51

i did an nvq in play, i'm all played out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now