Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Infected graze? Doctors?

(4 Posts)
QueenBhannae Fri 15-Aug-08 14:28:04

My son has a graze on his arm which is now yellowish, smells fishy and is surrounded by red and hot skin like a raised lump.

Should he go to the doctors with it? Is it an infection like I think? I have bathed it in tcp and unfortunately had to cover it (although I know it should be aired) as he is not coping well with it being exposed.

RedHead81 Fri 15-Aug-08 15:05:14

take him to the chemist, the pharmacist will be able to tell you if he needs to see the gp or not.
good luck, bless him!

QueenBhannae Fri 15-Aug-08 15:17:02

Ah yes the chemist! <slaps head in 'why did I not think of that' manner>


RedHead81 Fri 15-Aug-08 15:32:37

no problem!
lol at slapping head - you will need to see the chemist too now!
hope it gets better soon for him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: