Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd getting a PH probe this afternoon

(12 Posts)
sarah293 Fri 15-Aug-08 13:33:25

Message withdrawn

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 15-Aug-08 13:36:17

Riven...<hands choc over> You ok? What's a PH probe? It is all for her own good in the end and I know you know that, but doesn't make it any easier for you...sending positive vibes that it all goes ok and please keep me posted if you can text XXX

psychomum5 Fri 15-Aug-08 13:39:21

oh it is horrid isn;t it when we have to allow things to happen to our children, even tho we know that it will hurt them in some way.(and yet we know it is ultimately to help).

you have my sympathies......my DS2 is only just understanding why things have to happen at the hospital now, and he is 6. he had to have allergy testing again recently (not any like as traumatic as a PH probe I know....DD3 had to have one when she was tiny, but luckily too tiny to really know or understand as she was 6mths), and he was terrified as the last time he was tested he kept screaming that they were stabbing him.

it was awful this time, but we had a fantastic nurse who really helped, and he eventually realised that if he relaed it would be far less hurty than if he struggled....but again, like I say, he is now 6 and so reasonable with.

how much does she understand when you tell her what and why is going on (I know she has CP, but I don;t know how severely she is affected).

sarah293 Fri 15-Aug-08 13:39:25

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Fri 15-Aug-08 13:40:24

Message withdrawn

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 15-Aug-08 13:46:18

Bloody Riven....really don't know what to say except we are all here for you and hope it goes as well as it can go....

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 15-Aug-08 13:46:54

That should have read bloody hell Riven...

blush

psychomum5 Fri 15-Aug-08 13:48:24

no, you are right, most 4yos dont understand!

and of course she has extra reason to be fearful as she has been there so many times.

poor love.......you have my sympathies for you both today. it is really horrible as a parent to allow this when all we want to to protect our children from all the bad stuff.

sarah293 Fri 15-Aug-08 13:51:40

Message withdrawn

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 15-Aug-08 20:17:58

Riven - I'll be there with bells on (and choc grin )

sarah293 Fri 15-Aug-08 20:21:17

Message withdrawn

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 15-Aug-08 20:36:36

Nope - which topic and I'll look?

I posted on your car thread about coming over - take a look at that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now