Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS has had a rash on his arms and legs since about 1yr - could it be eczema?

(1 Post)
KnockOffNorbert Thu 14-Aug-08 18:45:51

Dh took him to the docs after a while of having it who said it could turn into eczema (?) and gave us some e45 cream to use. I rub either than on, or sudocream but it doesn't do anything. Sometimes it does right down though, so I think it'll just go but it's flared up again and I think it's gone on too long for it to be anything that's going to go away (he is now 2.4) Basically it's loads of little bumps down the outside of his arms (usually one worse than the other) from his T shirt line downwards past his elbow area. They are pinky red and sometimes some are almost like whiteheads. He also gets it from time to time down the side of his thigh or behind his calf. I don't know anyone in mine or DHs family with eczema, or any allergies etc. so have presumed (before) that it isn't. Does it sound like eczema? If so, what can I do about it? He never itches it though (if that's a sign).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now