Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

white marks on ds undies

(8 Posts)
yawningmonster Thu 14-Aug-08 09:56:30

DS has been out of nappies for 8 months now. He has a tendency to hold on until he is busting and along with a wet spot I have noticed a white patch in his pants. He says nothing hurts, nothing looks red or sore, he washes regularly though we don't retract his penis when he washes. Do I worry or not about this?

yawningmonster Thu 14-Aug-08 10:08:55

yawningmonster Thu 14-Aug-08 10:29:33

psychomum5 Thu 14-Aug-08 10:31:29

tis just dried wee i would think.

yawningmonster Thu 14-Aug-08 10:32:25

really? would it dry white?

psychomum5 Thu 14-Aug-08 10:35:19

IME, with two lads of my own, and nannying twin boys, if they have dark pants on, and dribble a little in the morning, yes, by the evening it can dry white. I think sometimes it is a reaction to the washing powder residue in pants, as I find it more obvious in the older stuff. I have certainly never thought anything sinister of it.

yawningmonster Thu 14-Aug-08 10:37:37

thank you so much, ds is NOT the sort to take kindly to white coated person fiddling with his bits unnecessarily

psychomum5 Thu 14-Aug-08 10:40:19

you're welcome. never good to go screaming to the docs thinking you have a dire disease and then find it is a quite normal bodily function.....wink!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now