Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Strange tummy bug?

(16 Posts)
smartiejake Tue 12-Aug-08 16:49:40

DD2 had a bad tummy ache on Friday on and off. In the evening she was a little sick a few times.

On Saturday she seemed fine again and ate pretty normally.

Sunday she seemed fine until the evening when she again complained of a sudden very bad tummy ache and was sick. DD1 also complained of the same and was sick.

Monday she was fine if a little off her food.

Today she ate like a horse until just after lunch when she again complained of a bad tummy ache and was sick again!!!

Anyone elses dcs had a bug like this that does not seem to want to go away? Worried as we are going on hols on sat.

Anyone?

smartiejake Tue 12-Aug-08 16:56:44

?

smartiejake Tue 12-Aug-08 17:06:22

Anyone?

smartiejake Tue 12-Aug-08 19:14:30

Bump

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Tue 12-Aug-08 19:17:11

Ds was sick yesterday out of the blue. But he is fine today!

smartiejake Tue 12-Aug-08 19:38:30

Yes that's happened to dd2 but every 2 days it seems to be coming back. Just wondered if anyone's dc had had a bug that kept coming back.

smartiejake Tue 12-Aug-08 22:28:58

One last bump am taking her to the docs tomorrow as we are on hols on sat. Anyone?

LEMONADEGIRL Thu 14-Aug-08 13:34:23

This has happened to my ds earlier this year. We thought he was on the mend and then middle of night really sick. This happened for three consecutive nights. It then just went away.

Ds has been really sick about an hour ago - so just off to post a question

nailpolish Thu 14-Aug-08 13:35:51

does she have a high temp at the same time?

my dd had this last week and it was just a virus

watch out for the diarrhoea - that coems in a couple of days

uberalice Thu 14-Aug-08 13:37:16

DS2 is sick today and really out of sorts. DS1 had it on Sunday night, but was OK after he'd been sick. Doesn't seem to last long.

smartiejake Thu 14-Aug-08 13:49:36

No temperature and no diarrhoea.

Dr. checked her for appendix but fine. He said he feels it was a bug but that her stomach is a bit irritated and to put her on bland foods (small portions) for a few days and use calpol for the tummy pain and antacid to settle the tummy.

She hasn't been sick for 2 days and tummy ache minimal. Hopefully that's it as we are off on hols on Sat.

Thanks for your replies.

Goober Thu 14-Aug-08 13:52:23

Food poisonning?

smartiejake Thu 14-Aug-08 21:03:55

That did occurr to me actually but my other dd had it slightly too and she had eaten a totally different meal at the restaurant we went to after it started. My niece who was on hol with us also complained of a very bad tummy ache although she wasn't sick.

smartiejake Fri 15-Aug-08 19:39:23

Oh hell after three days of nothing but a slight lack of apetite , she's been sick again the doctors just shut and we are flying to Scotland at 9.30am! AGGGGHHHHHHHH!

EdieMcredie Sat 16-Aug-08 19:55:43

Yes my 11 month DD has this. We do too actually. It's horrible.

smartiejake Sun 24-Aug-08 10:05:53

We are back but the tummy ache and sickness continued into the first few days of the hol so we took her to a doc there. She was very puzzled tha\t it had gone on for so long but said that sometimes bugs can leave you with temporary lactose intolerance so to try no dairy for a week.

It seemed to work and she has been fine ever since although there was much grumbling about not being allowed hot chocolates with cream and marshmallows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now