Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

impetigo help

(5 Posts)
lisad123 Tue 12-Aug-08 09:56:09

DD1 had a small mark on her chest, and i thought it was a bite, so put some cream on but it got worse, and has now spread and looks like impetgo. We cant get a docs appointment today but should eb able to get one tomorrow if we ring first thing.

Is there anything I need to do in the meantime? Lucky its under her clothes so shes not touching it, and know about washing hands and be careful around the baby. She says it itches.
Help, I have no idea where this came from. Also do I need to boil her sheets everyday? Lisa

lottiejenkins Tue 12-Aug-08 16:43:41

Make sure she uses a different flannel and towels to the rest of you. That way if it is impetigo it cant be spread. Good Luck at the doctors!

Bluebutterfly Tue 12-Aug-08 16:47:20

Different towels and flannels (as lottie stated) and wash clothes after she has been wearing them. Try to stop her picking - perhaps a bandage over it or something? And/or regularly wash her hands just in case.

The doctor should be able to give you ointment that clears it up very quickly. smile

lisad123 Tue 12-Aug-08 20:04:56

shes old enough to understand and been telling everyone today that shes not allow to touch it and if you touch it you must wash your hands blush

gscrym Tue 12-Aug-08 20:12:59

DS had this a few months ago although it was on his face and looked like a cold sore. He got antibiotics for the infection. Doctor said to use E45 cream on the scabby bit. It cleared up within a week. Just nake sure she's got separate flannels and towels from the rest of the family. I also used antibacterial gel on my hands after putting cream on DS. Once he started taking antibiotics, it started clearing up quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now