Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

9 month old keeps rubbing the side of his head, v grumpy generally

(5 Posts)
StellaWasADiver Tue 12-Aug-08 08:28:35

My first thought was ear infection but the ear looks fine... he is really grumpy and I don't know what to do for him

YeahBut Tue 12-Aug-08 08:34:45

I thought ear infection too. You won't be able to tell if there is a middle ear infection by looking at it. Could also be teething pain which can then trigger pain in the ear too. I'd take him to the GP for a check.

belgo Tue 12-Aug-08 08:35:49

yes take him to the doctors. As YeahBut says, it's hard to see if the ear is infected or not. Does he have a temperature?

missblythe Tue 12-Aug-08 08:37:24

If he had a full on ear infection, he'd be yelling his head off, but best see the GP in case there's one on teh way. Pooor little sausage!

StellaWasADiver Tue 12-Aug-08 08:52:42

Thanks all, I will give them a ring, they are awful though, don't give you a same-day appointment without interrogation - how are you supposed to know in advance that you/DC will be ill?!

Have given Nurofen and milk and he is - while not happy - looking less angry with the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now