Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken Pox or a virus?

(9 Posts)
solo Sun 10-Aug-08 12:25:20

Dd has had a couple of blister type spots for several weeks and during that time she's got a few more. She probably has 6 in all having woken up this morning with a new one. The triage nurse said she wasn't sure if it was CP or just a virus, but I was wondering just how long it is until they scab over if it is CP. She picked at one yesterday, but generally they don't seem to be troubling her. They are hard to the touch and red. She's 19 months.
It's been a few years since Ds had it and he was covered in spots, but I cann't remember the time scales etc. I do know that I instantly recognised his as CP though, but I haven't been at all certain with Dd's.
Anyone in the know please?

Seona1973 Sun 10-Aug-08 12:47:14

it wont be chicken pox if she has had them for a few weeks - they normally blister and scab over within a week. Where are the spots on her body?

solo Sun 10-Aug-08 12:50:47

Hi thanks for answering. She has two on one arm, one on the other, one forehead, one on a finger and the new one on her leg. None though on her trunk. It's all very strange.

Seona1973 Sun 10-Aug-08 12:58:24

molluscum contagiosum maybe?

solo Sun 10-Aug-08 13:07:24

No, it's a reddy colour and I've just tried to squeeze the one she scratched yesterday and it was a clear fluid followed by a little blood, so doesn't seem to be that.

WilfSell Sun 10-Aug-08 13:35:22

insect bites?

solo Sun 10-Aug-08 13:38:11

No, def not bites.

solo Sun 10-Aug-08 14:12:01

solo Sun 10-Aug-08 23:40:33

Got a few more of these spots appearing now. I don't know what to make of it. I think I'll try to get Dd in to see the gp tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now