Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sudden nappy rash

(4 Posts)
frans Sun 10-Aug-08 11:57:21

Yesterday DS developed shocking nappy rash in the space of about 1 hour. She's 16 weeks and normally doesn't get nappy rash, possibly because I use cloth nappies and give her time with her nappy off every day. Only change I can think of is that recently we switched to Pampers for her night-time disposable - this used to give her a slight rash as a newborn but I though she might have grown out of it. I'm going to put a fleece liner in the Pampers to provide a shield for her bottom until they're used up. Does anyone have any other ideas?? Thanks

frans Sun 10-Aug-08 11:58:09

Just thought, could it be linked to teething? She's been chewing frantically on her hand for a few weeks now

DontNeedAnything Sun 10-Aug-08 12:04:36

If she is teething - yes it could be linked.

All mine have horriffic nappy rash for about 12-24hrs at the same time as them cutting their teeth.

If you are looking for a treatment I find metanimum very very good.

frans Tue 12-Aug-08 10:32:57

Thanks Don't, has cleared up with egg white but will keep metanimum in mind for next eposode

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now