Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bottom Thrush - Advice needed please?

(5 Posts)
CJMommy Fri 08-Aug-08 22:22:20

Can anyone tell me what I can buy at the chemist (for DS 7 months) for bottom thrush (that I don't need a prescription for)?
Thanks

KristinaM Sat 09-Aug-08 00:07:02

i think it is daktarin cream, but not sure. Why don't you go to the Gp or health visitor and have it checked out? Or you could ask the pharmacist?

lilymolly Sat 09-Aug-08 00:08:22

Daktarin cream- at least thats what gp prescrobed last week for dd- cleared up in 24 hours- if it does not clear up it may be bacterial and need something else

LackaDAISYcal Sat 09-Aug-08 00:18:40

daktarin cream or canesten are both fine.

i would see the GP though to rule out anything else as lilymolly said.

DD gets very bad bottom rashes and the only thing that clears it is daktacort which has a steroid in as well as the antifungal.

CJMommy Sat 09-Aug-08 13:16:31

Thanks for your advice. I haven't gone to GP yet as I know it's thrush so would prefer to try something I can buy without prescription to see if that works first rather than waste a valuable GP appointment so they can tell me what I already know. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now