Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Gunky eye

(6 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Thu 07-Aug-08 20:18:14

DS has a gunky eye - just in the corner, I clear it and 2 minutes later it's back.
What is it, and what do I need to do to it?

RubySlippers Thu 07-Aug-08 20:18:57

conjunctivitis?

StealthPolarBear Thu 07-Aug-08 20:20:15

That's what I was trying to think of! Thanks! How do I treat it, or just keep wiping it? He has a bit of a cold anyway.

WowOoo Thu 07-Aug-08 20:24:31

Try to be super clean and wipe stuff with Milton. Encourage him to keep hands off eyes.

Keep his eyes and his hands as clean as possible. And good idea to change pillows (if he uses one_) or sheets. Mine had this so much when younger but when it got very bad I turned into a clean freak and it got better by itself. (not implying your diryty in any way! I know once it had cleared we'd go to playgroup and it would go gunky again!

I bought little saline solution sterile water things from Boots. Mildly salty water for when we were on the go and couldn't get boiled water. HTH!!

WowOoo Thu 07-Aug-08 20:26:45

Dirty, I meant. !!
Will prob clear up when his cold clears ,poor dab.

StealthPolarBear Fri 08-Aug-08 08:37:08

Thanks
Taking him to the nurse prac this moning as his eyes were glued together this morning, hopefully they will prescribe something. Will chenge bedding etc when I get back and keep squirting milk at him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now