Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Thrush /Diabetes

(2 Posts)
ChaCha Thu 07-Aug-08 18:11:18

I thought DS1 (2.7) had nappy rash but after a day or two it looked quite bad so was taken to GP today.
She said he has thrush and has given him some Clotrimazole cream.
I really don't know much about thrush but after much probing as to the cause GP asked DH (who took him) how his diet was, was he thirsty a lot and did he urinate a lot. Check for diabetes mentioned.

Don't know much about this at all and wondered if anyone could shed some light on why he may have thrush, is it normal in a toddler and should we be testing for diabetes now?

Sorry for typos ds3 feeding

pinkteddy Thu 07-Aug-08 19:03:18

some information here about nappy rash and fungal infections in babies.nappy rash causes

It basically says that if your baby's skin is warm and damp for long periods of time, it can cause the fungus that causes thrush to grow. I don't know about the connection with diabetes hopefully someone else may shed some light?
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now