Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6.5 month old with plasticine poo - help!

(5 Posts)
peggotty Tue 05-Aug-08 16:45:12

Have tried prunes, prune juice, orange juice, cooled boiled water (can't get him to drink out of cup very well or bottle, is bf), what next? Is it a trip to the gp? Poo is really hard, exactly like plasticine and he's really straining? Getting about 6 0r 7 rabbit pellets a day!! Has difinately been since starting weaning - should I stop solids till it's sorted out? Or would it just come back when I started them again? TIA!

elmoandella Tue 05-Aug-08 22:09:41

what you weaning with?? baby rice or fuit/veg?

thisisyesterday Tue 05-Aug-08 22:16:07

peggotty, we had this with ds2, also breastfed.

I stopped the solids completely and then tried again a while later and so far it's been ok

peggotty Wed 06-Aug-08 20:33:36

Sorry have only just got back to this thread, thanks for the replies. No baby rice has passed his lips grin only fruit/veg etc, but think I have probably rushed him onto 3 meals a day a bit too quickly - going to cut back on the food, possibly stop for a few days.

elmoandella Wed 06-Aug-08 20:54:32

most definately. should just be a couple of mouthfuls. the first solids is all about tasting, not actually eating.

definately only once a day. in middle of a feed when you know he's not tired. no good first thing in morning when he's ravenous. or before afternoon nap feed or before bedtime feed. will be too cranky to even entertain learning how to eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now