Talk

Advanced search

worms in child under 2

(5 Posts)
namechangeick Fri 18-Oct-19 17:34:55

Name change because no-one likes talking about worms. my two children have both got worms, my eldest is 2 nearly 3 and my youngest is 19 months. was going to just do the hygiene routine for 6 weeks but honestly, my skins crawling so-called the doctors to book an appointment for 19 month old as no medicine available for under 2's. spoke to the receptionist and explained that I wanted to book an appointment to see if there was any medication that could be prescribed and she spoke to doctor who prescribed liquid vermox straight away over the phone. is this fine to take as it still says not for under 2's but does that just mean without a prescription and didn't realise until got home.

dementedpixie Fri 18-Oct-19 18:14:47

It will have been prescribed off licence by the gp. Same as piriton can be prescribed for under 1s

madmother1 Fri 18-Oct-19 18:17:41

We had this years ago. The GP prescribed liquid for the whole family to have on the same night. Then I think we repeated it 14 days later. We never had it again. It's quite common, so don't worry.

madmother1 Fri 18-Oct-19 18:20:03

Also, but a nail brush for scrupulous scrubbing of nails in the morning....

namechangeick Fri 18-Oct-19 19:07:42

@madmother1 thanks, nail brush is a good idea. I think we have to take ours after 2 weeks too Unfortunately my youngest can only soothe herself by sucking her fingers so that's a problem so far but I've turned the entire house upside down scrubbing today and done three lots of clothes washings and washed hands probably 30 times each so fingers crossed no reoccurrences

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »