Talk

Advanced search

Eczema

(4 Posts)
Lonelymum11 Wed 16-Oct-19 15:39:10

I think DD (4 months) has some eczema. Am I ok to just treat this at home or do I need to see a GP to confirm it is eczema. It seems pretty mild at the moment and doesn't seem to bother her, but if family history is relevant I had bad eczema as a baby and my sister still has really awful eczema now (and had it truly horribly as a child).

Suzie81 Wed 16-Oct-19 19:30:01

My littlest one has eczema, and it started at about 4 months. We tried the usual over the counter creams but sadly it ended up a little out of control so had to go to doctors. However, if you can keep it under control with creams, I wouldn't bother going to the GP.

Lonelymum11 Wed 16-Oct-19 20:24:56

Thanks. I was be sure if it was something that needed just looking at by a doctor when it first showed up, but didn't want to waste an appointment.

Suzie81 Wed 16-Oct-19 21:43:01

Obviously if it gets bad or isn't controllable, go to your GP who will explore steroid based creams. But with basic eczema they'll simply tell you to use moisturisers. Good luck. It's annoying but thankfully you're far from alone...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »