Advanced search

Optician or GP?

(3 Posts)
Suzie81 Sun 13-Oct-19 20:05:02

Daughter who is approaching 3 keeps rubbing one of her eyes and saying there's something in it. Been going on for about a week, albeit on and off.

I've had a good look and it seems fine. Maybe ever so slightly puffy, but that seems more related to her rubbing.

Should I visit the GP, or opticians - who presumably have better equipment for checking eyes?

Theyvallgone Wed 16-Oct-19 10:11:23

Could be a scratch on the eye caused by something that was in there previously.
Probably the opticians as they could see that better.

Sally7777 Wed 16-Oct-19 10:29:58

Something in the eye causing irritations, etc, etc, definitely an optician initially. Something like a growth etc on the eyelids see gp. So go to the optician or possibly even see a chemist beforehand if you wish. At times minor infection grit like an itch on and off but you do need to consult optician/chemist for piece of mind.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »