Talk

Advanced search

Chicken Pox

(8 Posts)
Lauz90 Thu 17-Oct-19 21:52:09

Calamine lotions helps with itching and dries up spots.

MaggieMcSplash Sun 13-Oct-19 21:48:15

Thank you everyone for the tips. I put the oats directly in the bath first time 🤦‍♀️. He didn't like that. I've finally figured out what to do thanks to this and tied them in tights this time. I'll try the bicarbonate of soda and the virasooth. Bless him he even has them on in head.

ohmysoul Sun 13-Oct-19 17:09:04

Liquid Piriton. Used a syringe if she wouldn't take it off a spoon. Use real oats. I put some on a muslin, tied it off with an elastic band and put it in the bath and squeezed it. The oat liquid just comes out and makes the bath cloudy.

CakeIsMyFavouriteAndBest Sun 13-Oct-19 16:22:58

My daughter had it 2 weeks ago, we used virasoothe gel, piraton and calpol when needed. Porridge oats in a bag in the bath as well.
She only really needed the gel put on for the first 3 days and only had piraton at night.
Spots are all finally disappearing now and don't appeared to have scarred.

BrokenWing Sun 13-Oct-19 16:15:42

incase you didn't know, ibruprofen should not be used with chicken pox

They will heal in their own time. We did bicarbonate of soda baths with ds which really helped with the itching, the same stuff you use for baking, stick the whole pot into a luke warm bath. We probably went through 10 pots of it from the baking section in the local supermarket, but I think you can get it in bigger quantities in pharmacies. At its peak itchiness we gave him a bath at 2am!

MaggieMcSplash Sun 13-Oct-19 12:42:18

Thank you oh my soul. What piriton did you use?, my little one will not swallow the liquid. Do you use real oats or can you buy a wash?

ohmysoul Sun 13-Oct-19 10:12:43

We found poxclin mousse really good for relieving the itching and drying out. That and regular oat baths and Piriton to stop the itching at night when it was considerably worse.

MaggieMcSplash Sun 13-Oct-19 09:47:14

Hi all
My son has got chicken pox. They came out on Wednesday night.
What are the best products to assist with drying them up and speed up the healing process?
Any products or tips welcome.
He seems ok and doesn't seem to be itching too much in the day. He's a little grouchy at night.
Thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »