Talk

Advanced search

Chicken pox

(10 Posts)
TheOnlyMrsC Sun 13-Oct-19 08:08:27

Hi, I'm DS is 11 years old and is on his 3rd day of having chicken pox, everything has been pretty straight forward until now! He's hot to touch clammy and being sick! Is this normal? As I'm sure sickness wasn't part of the deal hmm he won't let me take his temperature in fact he won't let me near him, he has Aspergers so to force it would make the situation a million times worse.. can anyone please help? Is sickness apart of having pox or are we in for something else too??sad

sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 13-Oct-19 16:40:26

according to google vomiting is normal (i cant remember if my oldest 2 vomited or not!) bless him, i hope he feels better soon. is he still itchy? baking soda baths help with the itch, and a warm bath might help him feel better too.

Amber0685 Sun 13-Oct-19 16:45:42

He probably has a temperature which is making him feel sick. If you could get some paracetamol into him (maybe the liquid) it would help massively. Some people get really ill with it, I hope he is better soon.

BrokenWing Sun 13-Oct-19 18:28:32

Avoid ibuprofen with chickpox, give paracetamol to keep temp down and Piriton for itchiness

Bicarb of soda luke warm baths are great for itching too.

Phone 111 if concerned, especially if skin/spots look infected or any breathing problems.

TheOnlyMrsC Sun 13-Oct-19 22:31:52

Thanks all.. I think it was his temp and all the spots in his mouth and throat that caused the sickness, he's having baths and definitely no ibuprofen! The spots themselves seem normal enough so I'm not worried about them so much. It's hard to keep him calm at times but that's his ASD and anxiety so meltdowns are inevitable. However trying to get him to stop scratching his scalp is proving difficult.. hey ho we will get there.. 1 down 2 more to go! gin hahaha x

greeentopmilk Sun 13-Oct-19 22:38:37

Best thing i did with my son was a deep warm bath, with some old tights filled with porridge oats under the running water.

Rinse the tights out constantly Into the bath water and swirl around under the running water so the bath water goes cloudy. It makes the water lovely and soothing and make his skin unbelievably soft and calmed the itching down.

I've had oat baths myself since then for my skin, just because my hands felt lovely after running the baths for him!

hotdogwoof Sun 13-Oct-19 23:48:12

Put the calamine lotion in the bath aswell as a sock of porridge oats.

Virasoothe, piriton and calpol.

I was so unwell with chicken pox and get just how awful it is. Hopefully he's over the worst in a day or two.

TheOnlyMrsC Mon 14-Oct-19 08:02:04

I've had to get some oatmeal bath lotion as he won't be ok with oats, just being what it is would freak him out. It's just the sickness that's causing more problems for him but I'm pretty sure it's due to the Lesions in his mouth and throat popping and finding its way into his stomach which then causes tummy pain and sickness. It all started Friday so fingers crossed he starts to feel better in a couple of days.

Nogodsnomasters Mon 14-Oct-19 21:25:50

My ds threw up one time on the 1st day of chicken pox and then didnt get a temperature until day 3 which I found weird/worrying, he was 2.5yrs at the time and had quite a bad dose of them. So it can happen yes and in strange order.

Redken24 Mon 14-Oct-19 21:29:09

My LG was quite sick with them but on day 6 for high temp.
If you can try ice pops for his mouth, might be too late for poxcillin foam. Have u got any aloe for healing/itching for the scalp?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »