Talk

Advanced search

Petaiche (please help)

(9 Posts)
Roastie1986 Tue 17-Sep-19 20:40:38

So my son has been getting this on and off for about a year. Took him to gp who said if was nothing to worry about. Fast forward and it's really bothering me that he gets it as he gets patches off it on arms chest and back. Took him to docs today who said she wants to see us back in 3 weeks time. To possibly take bloods it's left me feeling totally anxious and sad. She did say she wasn't concerned and if she was she would be sending him in. But why do I still feel so anxious? Appreciate anyone talking to me.

Suzie81 Wed 18-Sep-19 06:17:08

Are they appearing after any sort of physical activity? Or just randomly?

Don't get too worried about doctors wanting to take bloods. I suspect they've simply seen how worried it's making you and want to put your mind to rest.

I generally take the view that after a year, if something was seriously wrong you'd probably know about it by now. But good to get the tests

Roastie1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 07:54:37

It's just so scary he seems to get them after playing they don't just appear out off no where and usually after school I notice them more. X

Abstractedobstructed Fri 20-Sep-19 10:57:40

Have you got photos?

Punxsutawney Fri 20-Sep-19 11:13:10

Ds has had these on his feet occasionally over the years. I have to be honest, he has always seemed well so I have never sort medical advice. He is now being investigated for a connective tissue disorder due to other indicators so I'm not sure if the petechiae are related. He doesn't have any at the moment though.

Nogodsnomasters Sat 21-Sep-19 07:24:07

My son gets the usual ones under eyes if he's puked or cried hard, but he also can get them on the corner of his shoulder where it meets his armpit or sometimes he'll have them where a bruise is about to form if he's bumped himself. I also get them myself on my inner elbow if I carry heavy shopping bags etc we are both pale skinned and can 90% of the time remember why the patch would appear. I used to freak out about it too when he was younger (he's 5 now), when I spot them I try to remember a cause and then keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't spread etc and put it down to pale sensitive skin which we both have.

atc8000 Sat 12-Oct-19 03:43:24

What connective tissue disorder?

StathLetsFlats Sat 12-Oct-19 04:14:18

Does he also have eczema alongside petechiae?

Lauz90 Thu 17-Oct-19 21:58:45

my Daughter gets them and when j saw docs they said could be caused by constipation but I’m not sure this is true because she no longer gets constipated but still gets the spots 🤷🏼‍♀️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »