Talk

Advanced search

Hand foot and mouth?

(7 Posts)
Nogodsnomasters Sat 13-Oct-18 07:51:50

My ds started saying his throat and tongue were sore about 3 days ago. He was good form and no temp so I didn't think too much about it, he said he'd bit his tongue. On Thursday he had one small spot on the outside of his cheek and another just under his lip on his chin. Last night he had a slight fever of 38 but this morning it seems to have magically disappeared but now he has another 2 spots outside his mouth and his inside lower lip has about 4 as does his tongue. No spots on his hands or feet at all. Does this sound like HFMD or is the fever always come first and stronger/last longer? Says his mouth hurts but he drinking and eating soft foods okay and is on good form.

AjasLipstick Sat 13-Oct-18 08:53:25

Doesn't sound like it. There have always been distinct spots on my DC's hands and feet and they were quite unwell with it.

The spots he had could have just been a bit of a reaction to something

fastfooder Sat 13-Oct-18 08:56:34

It sounds like it to me.
My DS, DD and DH all had it a few weeks ago DD had one spot on her hand a one outside her mouth.DS had a few outside his mouth and nothing else.DH had his spots on his hands and feet they were more like blisters and peeling. Everyone is different.

Nogodsnomasters Sat 13-Oct-18 09:15:15

Mmm one for yay and one for nay. Pp did your ds, dd and dh feel very unwell and have fevers?

Nogodsnomasters Sat 13-Oct-18 14:24:34

Anyone else any experience?

fastfooder Sat 13-Oct-18 21:02:04

DS had a low fever but nothing very high

Nogodsnomasters Sat 13-Oct-18 21:09:48

Thanks for reply, ds is up crying already from his sleep with a sore mouth and sounds congested/was snoring, looks like a long night ahead.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: