Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Water/pus filled bubbles in babys diaper (beware, nappy pic)

(10 Posts)
Justforfun11 Wed 10-Oct-18 12:18:27

Hello everyone.

My lo did a poo after having a banana yesterday and now has these pus filled blisters? In her diaper. They are not blisters on her actual diaper area but inside the actually nappy so they are “loose”. I cant get an appointment with the doctors so im taking her to the ER but still wondering if any of you have had the same or know what it could be.
It is a whole bunch of them. Could anyone please tell me how to upload a picture on here? I dont see an attachment option
Thanks xx

KatnissMellark Wed 10-Oct-18 12:27:05

Underneath the box where you type your message there is a paperclip symbol,if you click on that you should be able to upload a pic.

BlackInk Wed 10-Oct-18 16:00:43

Your image isn't showing still, but could the 'bubbles' be little lumps of undigested banana? Or has the nappy ripped and the 'bubbles' are the absorbent beads from inside?

Bit gross, but pick one out and squish it?

If you're still not sure then maybe get it checked out.

pastabest Wed 10-Oct-18 16:18:03

Is your daughter actually unwell?

I'm assuming from 'diaper' and 'ER' that you arent UK based?

I would probably think 'ergh she's not digested that banana well' or 'the nappy must have burst' rather than 'my baby is pooing out pus filled blisters' to be honest.

putputput Wed 10-Oct-18 18:59:40

Google 'banana baby poo' It can come out odd, although your description is very strange. How old is your baby? If before 6months then it's likely your baby's digestive system isn't ready for solids yet.

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 10-Oct-18 19:03:27

How old is your baby?

NerrSnerr Wed 10-Oct-18 19:13:09

Are you sure it's not undigested banana? How old is she?

Justforfun11 Wed 10-Oct-18 21:30:03

Thanks for the replies all.

Sorry i didnt mention she is 8 months. I didnt think it would be undigested banana as shes had banana many times before and this time she only had a small piece.

I read that i can only post photos after 48 hours of being a member so will post when i can.

Ive tried to squeeze one and what comes out has no smell, almost like water.

TallulahBetty Sat 13-Oct-18 09:08:39

Are they very small? Could they be the nappy filling?

LampHat Sat 13-Oct-18 09:11:51

It does sound like the gel filling from the nappy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: