Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I take DS to GP? Petechiae- I think

(12 Posts)
bakingbee Fri 22-Jun-18 09:39:20

DS (10) developed this small patch of what I've concluded is Petechiae. Yesterday he woke up complaining of knee pain that he described as 'feels like my knee will give under me'. I popped some tiger balm on it and sent him on his way to school.
Last night when he got changed I noticed the Petechiae.
This morning it remains much the same

Summer1986 Fri 22-Jun-18 09:43:16

I would make a GP appointment for him.

bakingbee Fri 22-Jun-18 09:46:53

Thanks for replying! Ok will make an appointment ! DH and I have very high threshold when it comes to these type of things. He has no other symptoms and it hasn't spread so assume it's nothing sinister.

Summer1986 Fri 22-Jun-18 12:54:40

Hopefully it is nothing but it's one of those rashes that could be something. Better to play it safe I think.

Nogodsnomasters Fri 22-Jun-18 13:25:39

Yes I would agree gp appointment needed. Has he had an injury to that area, such as heavy school bag straps etc (can't tell from pic how close to his shoulder the rash is)

bakingbee Fri 22-Jun-18 13:39:43

He wasn't even aware of it so no injury or itching. Few spots came the other side of his back this morning but not a big clump like this one.

Nogodsnomasters Fri 22-Jun-18 21:08:17

I sometimes get petechiae on my lower arms from carrying heavy shopping bags, they don't itch and I wouldn't know I had them if I wasn't looking at them because they aren't painful, so could be totally innocent but I would definitely have a gp look at him. Are you able to get an appointment?

Labtest7 Fri 22-Jun-18 21:20:55

Bi would make a gp appointment to rule out anything serious.

TheFirstMrsDV Fri 22-Jun-18 21:23:09

Yes. You need to see a GP.
I hope everything is ok

bakingbee Fri 22-Jun-18 21:54:57

Couldn't get an appointment but I can take him to the urgent care centre over the weekend. He seems totally fine but I'm monitoring the Petechiae and noticing bruises on his back and hips too, so may well be just play injuries.
Thank you all for input

bakingbee Fri 22-Jun-18 21:58:39

He has a few more on another area on his back but far less than the cluster

Witchend Sat 23-Jun-18 07:35:19

Is it where his school back pack rubs?

Dh gets that when he's been carrying a back pack (especially a heavy one) where the straps go, and if there's something poking in at the back too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: