Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

10 month old vomited, then again 24 hours later

(13 Posts)
Coldhandscoldheart Wed 13-Jun-18 19:52:31

She has never been a sicky baby, no reflux, barely any possessing etc. She was unsettled yesterday evening, then suddenly threw up everywhere. Then settled to sleep, no problems, no fever.

Has been fine all day, normal cheery self. Ate breakfast. Didn’t really eat much lunch. Is bf & taking regular feeds.
This evening trying to settle to sleep, very restless. Suddenly threw up her whole evening meal. Now has a bit of a temperature. But is asleep.

What is this? A bug? But why 24hrs in between?
I have a milk blister atm, but other than that, nothing has changed.
Any thoughts?

Smarshian Wed 13-Jun-18 19:54:28

Probably just a bug. My DD had a similar episode over a few days - just random vomiting but fine in between. I wouldn't worry too much.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Wed 13-Jun-18 19:58:05

Bug extremely likely, especially with temp. Infrequency of vomiting suggests a mild dose to me.

The only real danger with D&V is dehydration and since she's taken breastmilk and only vomited twice that doesn't sound too likely. I'd keep her solids bland, avoid or minimise dairy (bugs can make dairy irritate the system for a bit) and just keep an eye.

Coldhandscoldheart Wed 13-Jun-18 19:58:38

Really? That’s reassuring. The only tummy bugs I’ve had experience with have been non stop D&v for 12-24 hours, so the 24 hour gap has confused me!

Coldhandscoldheart Wed 13-Jun-18 20:00:36

Oh x post, thank you, yes, I’m not too worried about her in herself if you see what I mean, I just started off on a horrible mental tangent of appendicitis and other exciting gastric problems 😂

ShowOfHands Wed 13-Jun-18 20:04:21

It's funny how DC can have such big gaps between episodes of vomiting. It used to confuse me too. As adults we are used to a period of vomiting without 24hrs inbetween. My Ds's best friend was sick on Friday and then his normal self until Sunday night when he was sick again. Then once more on Monday. He seems fine now!

Coldhandscoldheart Wed 13-Jun-18 20:09:16

It is. It is very weird. When my older daughter brought home a vomiting bug at 1yr old, she just puked & puked (So much vomit, from such a little person!) for about 8 hours and then she was better. So I didn’t know they could do that.

It’s making me think of how cows can delay giving birth if they’re not safe.

Coldhandscoldheart Wed 13-Jun-18 20:14:00

Sorry. Would you calpol or not?
Temp was 38.2 so not hugely high.

Smarshian Wed 13-Jun-18 20:52:38

If she's asleep I wouldn't wake her but if she wakes unsettled there's no harm in giving her some to bring her temp down a bit.

Coldhandscoldheart Wed 13-Jun-18 21:04:00

Thank you. My brain has abandoned me tonght.

MadeForThis Wed 13-Jun-18 21:34:22

My dd used to randomly puke like this then within a few days a new tooth would appear. Could it be linked to teething?

ShowOfHands Wed 13-Jun-18 21:36:12

Calpol is only necessary if she's in pain or discomfort. Not needed for a fever alone.

Hope she's on the mend soon.

Coldhandscoldheart Wed 13-Jun-18 21:42:40

MadeForThis that’s interesting, she has no teeth yet, but a promising looking bulge in her lower gum. I will watch with interest & hope it doesn’t become a pattern, the washing is horrendous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: