Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this a normal fever???

(8 Posts)
4strikes Sun 27-May-18 02:22:50

I’m currently on dd (nearly 3) bedroom floor and have been up with her all night. She has a high temp and is being a bit delirious.

She is talking about flying monkeys and tigers in the ceiling. I know it sounds funny, but I am really worried about her! Can being like this be a normal part of a fever? Or should I be more worried?

flumpybear Sun 27-May-18 02:36:44

Yes my DD was delirious like that before as a small child - have you given her calpol and neurofen? If not then I'd give her some.

Kids temperatures do spike in the nighttime - it's worrying but if you're in doubt ring non emergency and get expert advice (I'm not a physician)

Tobesoconfused Sun 27-May-18 02:44:49

Yes I vividly remember this from being I'll she I was a child. My brother used to get it to. Objects on the room wpuld become distorted, much smaller/ larger than they were. People's heads would look tiny on their massive bodies. It is the strangest feeling but I wouldn't worry too much. Ring nhs 24 if you are really worried though. They give great advice or they might possibly tell you to bring her in. Hope she feels better soon

123bananas Sun 27-May-18 03:21:06

Yes you need to bring it down. Strip off clothing, bed clothes and open windows. Give paracetamol or ibuprofen. Have you got a thermometer? If so check now and again in an hour to see if it has come down.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 27-May-18 03:28:01

You need medical advice. Ring 111 and they will assess her and advise. It's what they're for.

chickywoo Sun 27-May-18 03:39:14

Alternate paracetamol with ibruprofen to try and bring temp down, I always find that ibrupofen seems to work better for this with my dc - the temp can make them a bit delirious - also the medication can make them a bit hyper too - look at the colour of it - all the strange flavours and colourings it’s like having a bag of skittles!!
Keep a close eye on her through the night and take advice if you become concerned.

flumpybear Sun 27-May-18 11:38:23

How's things OP?

4strikes Sun 27-May-18 14:18:16

She has been fine today thank you, if a little tired from being up most of the night!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: