Advanced search

What do you do when you believe a doctor's report to be wrong?

(5 Posts)
Prusik Wed 23-May-18 08:18:16

Just wondering if anyone has any experience. We've been posted a report from a pediatric appointment and it contains false information and excludes many of the concerns we expressed. Not sure what to do really but I'm disappointed and feel that we weren't listened to

Fairylea Wed 23-May-18 08:20:39

Write back and complain and ask for a second opinion. Make the letter quite detailed and state why you disagree.

I had to do this with my son who was treated dreadfully by a paediatrician (she kept saying he was just a difficult child- the second opinion I sought diagnosed him with autism and dyspraxia, he now attends an autism specific school and is thriving).

RedLemonade Wed 23-May-18 08:24:51

You can write to request the notes be amended- so if certain things were reported incorrectly or omitted. Did you get on well with the paediatrician at the time? I suppose the answer to that would dictate for me whether to continue to engage with her/him or seek another opinion.

strongswans Wed 23-May-18 08:35:01

As pps say, write back, in detail, I have had to do this with my son as well. I even copied their letter, highlighted all the mistakes and went through them one by one in the letter. I also sent it to the G.P. To make them aware. We had a meeting after it and and a lot was amended!

Prusik Wed 23-May-18 08:48:24

I think we might seek a second opinion. He started talking about an autoimmune condition which is what the paediatrician decided Ds didn't have - I could have told him that because DS wasn't referred in the first place for that

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: