Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby poo different weeks after stopping antibiotics

(3 Posts)
Phase84 Sat 21-Apr-18 05:03:52

Hi my ff baby was given an IV antibiotic for 3 days then oral for 5 days. This stopped 5 weeks ago but his poo has been full of white milky seeds ever since. Its completely changed the consistency of his poos since he finished them.

Im worried that the antibiotics have upset his tummy permanently or caused some damage. His poo used to be smooth peanut butter consistency until then.

I was considering swapping formula from Aptamil to Hipp but i think whats the point as they are really all the same and he does not seem uncomfortable.

He poos 4 or 5 times a day and they sound explosive and often leak. Some if his poos are more like wet farts.

He is putting in weight really well

Phase84 Sat 21-Apr-18 05:04:37

Forgot to add he was admitted at 11 weeks and now 16 weeks

IwillrunIwillfly Sat 21-Apr-18 07:10:52

Baby's poo changes over time and 'seedy' poo is quite normal. If he's otherwise we'll and happy I wouldn't worry But if you're concerned you could always speak to the health visitor.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: