Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cold/stomach bug/rash?

(15 Posts)
Nogodsnomasters Sun 11-Mar-18 08:16:41

Hi all, this is my first time posting on mumsnets but I've been reading threads for 3 years since I had my son. Anyway last weekend he started with a regular cold no fever, on Monday his cheeks started to look red/flushed, on Tues night he threw up about 4 times in a row. By Wednesday he was back to his usual self but I kept him off nursery of course and stuck to plain foods. Wednesday night a mild rash started on his tummy (pink n spotty, blanched). On Saturday (yday) my husband called me at work to say lb had thrown up again out of nowhere and that his rash looked worse, more red than pink and had spread all over chest as well as tummy. As soon as I got out of work I took him to ooh docs (am in n.ireland) and they said they think it's a viral rash with head cold and the phlegm is causing the vomiting since the vomit was 4 days apart! 5am this morning lb woke with explosive diarrhea and has had 2 bouts of it this morning, no way its excess phlegm from a head cold causing this! Anyones kids had anything similar to this with the throwing up so far apart and diarrhea starting quite late into the virus (5 days)? I'm quite worried as he's had bugs before but they've always been over within 24-48hrs, thanks.

dementedpixie Sun 11-Mar-18 09:21:24

Sounds a bit like slapped cheek syndrome

Nogodsnomasters Sun 11-Mar-18 09:38:12

Hi thanks for replying, that's what I was wondering too but doc said his cheeks weren't red enough! He's quite a pale child naturally (red head dad/gran) so to me it's easy to see the red cheeks. Does it normally come with no fever and vomiting/diarrhea do u know? Thanks again for replying.

flumpybear Sun 11-Mar-18 10:04:01

Doctors usually say I go back if things change - perhaps dial non emergency and explain how things have progressed

Kids do get viral rashes and D&V is quite a common combination but definitely best to get it from a professional

Nogodsnomasters Sun 11-Mar-18 10:10:08

Hi flumpy, thanks for reply. I did see the doc last night around 7pm with him before the diarrhea started and she said viral. Im just so confused because Wednesday through to Saturday afternoon he was totally bk to himself (except the mild rash) before it started again!

Nogodsnomasters Sun 11-Mar-18 17:02:41

Any one else's child had similar?

Nogodsnomasters Mon 12-Mar-18 19:01:37

No then?

applesandpears56 Mon 12-Mar-18 20:04:45

I’d go back to dr

applesandpears56 Mon 12-Mar-18 20:05:14

What’s his temp and how is he in himself?

applesandpears56 Mon 12-Mar-18 20:05:34

Probably is a second bug?

PsychoPumpkin Mon 12-Mar-18 20:07:01

Scarlet fever? It’s doing the rounds in some areas

tinkerbellone Mon 12-Mar-18 20:08:26

Just sounds like usual virus. My kids get sticky, temp, runs.
The last thing with virus' is diarrhoea then usually the bug/virus has cleared out the system (literally!) lol

oldbirdy Mon 12-Mar-18 20:11:49

We all had a bug over Christmas with nausea / runs a few days apart, plus cold symptoms and bone crushing tiredness. I posted about it at the time, but got no response.

Nogodsnomasters Tue 13-Mar-18 07:48:14

Hi thanks for replies. He has not had a temp at all with this and mostly his form has been good, still eating and drinking. I was just worried that it seemed everything was clearing up for it to make a reappearance a few days later again. The rash is beginning to fade and the poops are starting to form shape a little bit again instead of being pure water (sorry for tmi!)

Nogodsnomasters Tue 13-Mar-18 07:48:47

Oldbirdy I'm glad to hear someone else experienced this with the symptoms being split up across a number of days like that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: